Myler mouthpiece designs correspond to the Myler Level of a horse's behavior and experience. The mouthpiece Levels start at Level 1, which apply maximum tongue pressure and go up to Level 3, which apply minimum tongue pressure and offer the most tongue relief. Most horses can avoid Level 1 altogether; it's quite possible that your horse can enter the Myler System at Level 2, 2-3, or even 3.
- Young or green, just beginning training, with a challenging disposition
- Riding in a discipline that restricts bits to a single jointed mouthpiece
Level 1 Mouthpiece
- Rotates on to the tongue to apply tongue pressure
- Collapses to form a "U" instead of a "V", protecting lips and bars from being pinched
- Curves to allow more room for the tongue, protects the lips and bars from being pinched
- Independent side movement on most mouthpieces